I say: shya! If you want to bring a spring girlie vibe to your winter wardrobe, try the floral skirt! Of course there is a way to rock it and a way to bomb it. So let's check out some good looks...
adding a cardigan is a great way to keep warm. I think light tights would look good with this ensamble too (cream or white).
She's rocking the black tights and high boots, which adds a little extra warmth as well.
belts are a great way to accessorise a floral skirt, so try it out and see what works for you. And why not throw a scarf over your head?
I love how she's working the long-sleeved shirt under the skirt. An important thing to keep in mind when pairing a floral skirt with a top is to keep it neutral on top (grey, white, black, without pattern generally).
Also notice where she is wearing the skirt on her waist, it's pretty high. It might take some getting used to, but its supa cute!
Even grey leggings can be done! This look is fun, colourful, and still warm. It even looks like it has pockets, which is always a fun detail.
Even bust out yer long socks! play around, see what works :)
Things NOT to do:
- No jeans with skirts, or jeggings.
- Make sure the fabric isn't stiff, because when you're wearing a high-waisted skirt, you want it to be flowey and slimming around your hips.
- When you are wearing a flowey skirt, try not to introduce too many (if any) new colours into your look, work with whats in the skirt :).
- Don't wear huge "ugs" or muk-lucks with your skirt, please. Unless you like to be a cartoon, then by all means...
- Careful when you are wearing baggy shirts underneath your skirt, because loose+loose can look a little sloppy.
so lets keep the summer alive by wearing it on our bottoms! Yes? yes. Have fun!